Looking for a top roofer in the Dublin 2 area? Well we can help you, we cover all of Dublin 2 and beyond covering all the following areas:
Baggot Street, College green, Dawson Street, Fitzwilliam Square, Harcourt Street, Kildare Street, Lord Edward Street, Merrion Square, Mount Street Upper and lower, Nassau Street, Pearce Street, St Stephens Green, South Great Georges Street, Leeson Street Upper, & Lessson Street Lower
Roofs are arguably the most important sections of our homes and properties. Try and think of a life by having no roofs; buildings would practically be inhabitable.
Roofs take all the beating from hail storm, rain, snow and other elements of the weather condition while we stay underneath them cozy and dry proceeding about with our activities. However, these rooftops can only shelter us for a specific period and they go through various types of damages.
If you wish to see one delivering you for a long time, it is prudent to invest in roof repairs from time to time so that any small problem with it can be addressed before it becomes serious and require you to invest more or even replace the entire roof.
Going about roof fixing projects is not a straightforward thing since you need to address several issues. Who is the best roof repair contractor in Dublin for the job?
How much will the repair work cost?
Exactly how often should the professional come to check out the roof?
What if the roof is repaired and the issue keeps on remaining a problem?
What types of damages are roofs prone to in Dublin?
These are without a doubt some of the questions that will remain in your mind when planning for a roof repair project. This guide will look into some important aspects surrounding roof repairs so that at the end of it all, you won’t be lost and will have an excellent idea of how to tackle such projects. Read on;
Most Common Types Of Roof Problems in Dublin 2.
Nowadays, you are not restricted to anything when choosing a roofing material. They all vary in terms of their resilience and susceptibility to various elements of weather condition. This section will look into some of the most common damages on your roof and how they can be fixed. Read on:
Blow Off Problems.
These kinds of damages mostly impact slant roofs since the roofing product acts as an obstacle to the strong wind. The wind flow can damage the roof in many ways, and the most common one is blowing off the building material from some part of the roof. It all depends on the strength of the wind flow, and it could even blow off the building material from the whole roof depending on how it is exposed. Other parts that can be damaged by the roof are the felts and sheathing that can be blow off.
Fixing blow off damages is not complicated since all one has to do is to change the material that has been blown off. The new material should be attached to the bottom of the roof firmly to prevent further damage from winds.
An example is a tree blown down by a storm and falling on a roof thus causing damage. The impact of such structural damages depends on the things that have fallen on the roof. They range from simple punctures on the roofing material and sheathing to the entire collapse of the roof.
The correct fix for such damages largely relies on the extent of the accident. For the most serious ones, a roof replacement is recommended as the best course of action. Small damages such as punctures and partial damage of the roof structure can be fixed quickly by a pro.
Other causes of damage to the tiles can be by wind, impact by other items and foot traffic when someone is inspecting the roof. Old shingles can not serve their purpose anymore, and they become brittle and detract from the roof.Fixing damaged shingles entails replacing them or even the entire roof as advised by an expert.
These are the most common damages to roofs today. Leaks caused by ice dams are complicated since the location where you will see water inside your space may not even be close to where the leak is situated on the roof.Experts come in handy when fixing leakages, and they can do it by inspecting the cracks and flashing on the roof. They will also look at the chimney stack and vents, damaged tiles and leaks in the deck for any signs of passages that can allow water to seep through. Depending on where they spot the space, they will seal it and pour water to determine whether it still leaks or not.
Roof flashing is an essential part of the roof. It is meant to keep water away from the roofing and building materials or any other part of that roof that can be damaged by moisture. Over time it gets destroyed and allows rain to seep into the roof. Other common problems with this part are incorrect installation or missing flashing due to various reasons.Fixing the flashing depends on the damage to it and is mostly done by examining the roof and changing them or installing the existing ones properly. Flashings are relatively durable and can be recycled.
Rain gutters and downspouts are meant to direct water flowing on the roof away to a drainage system. This helps to prevent cases of water accumulating on the roof and activating leaks. Gutters can also be blocked by debris on the roof, and this makes them unable to let water flow freely.Fixing it is done by examining the interior part of these gutters and clearing out any building material that might block the water pathway. Dents and scrapes can also be fixed to allow water to flow with ease.
Roof ventilation needs to be in top condition since damages can allow animals and other elements of weather such as hailstones to get into your living space. They also get blocked over time and fail to perform their functionality.Repairing them entails evaluation of the vents and installing new ones if need be.
Scorching on roofs is caused by trapped moisture and poor ventilation within shingles. When this moisture is trapped, it can be heated by the sun and make it expand, thus forming a blister. Blisters are not much of a bother since they do not affect the roof, but the problem comes in when it pops. If the blister remains that way for long, it could lead to granule loss. This loss will reduce the lifetime of the shingles and make your roof susceptible to more damages.
Blisters should be pointed out clearly since they can be confused with other forms of damages and fixed by releasing the trapped moisture.
Roof Replacement Vs. Repair? Which Is The Best Option?
This is one major decision that you will have to make when there are damages on your roof. The cost of fixing some parts of the roofs has risen over the years, and so has the cost of changing the entire structure.
If the roof is between fifteen and twenty years old but still in excellent condition, then repairs still be the viable option. Roofs that are past twenty years old are not suitable for repair, and it is recommended to replace them rather than having a repair contractor at your place every single week.
- The extent of damage is another determinant when deciding to replace or repair. If there is some damage such as a leak, a professional will inspect and check out the extent of it. If the leak is isolated, a repair might work, but if the roof is leaking in many places, a replacement might be in order.
- You should also look at the time you are planning to stay in that home. If you have plans of selling it in a couple of years, and the roof is in top condition, repairs will be your best choice to avoid the financial implication of installing a new one.
- There is a choice of installing a new roof over an existing one rather than doing it from scratch, and it also has some ramifications. While it will save you money and time, it is like covering over the damage which could even end up being worse over time. Building codes allow one to roof up to two layers since additional layers could become too heavy for the building. Roofing over an existing one is a short-term fix since you will have to pay much more when the time to rip the layers apart comes.
Choosing A Roof Repair Contractor in Dublin 2
All the information about roof repairs has been presented above, and you will be faced with the task of selecting the best roof repair contractor in Dublin. You will come across several of them telling you why they are the best option but do not fall for this. Selecting one can be done by checking on a couple of things and here are some of them;
- It is advisable to go local. Go for businesses that have a good reputation in Dublin since they are familiar with the challenges affecting your roof. They are a good option since you do not need to wait for long before they can handle an emergency. Lastly, they are more likely to live up to their warranties.
- Experience is key. Roofing repair contractors that have been in the industry for long are your desired option since they have dealt with different scenarios and can offer a proper solution to your roofing problems.
- All roofers will tell you how good their work is but you have to prove this. Ask for references and people who have worked with them for more information on how they operate. If most people were satisfied with their work, then the chances are that they are good at what they do.
- Compare and contrast the proposals offered by various contractors before choosing one. This is the best way to pick a suitable contractor since you can determine the best one out of the ones available. Assess how they approach the problem at hand and amount they quote before making a choice.
- Licencing and insurance is another important thing to look at. They matter since there are many risks associated with roofing repair jobs. You need to ensure that the contractors are insured and they also have a clause to cover for damages around your home during repair.
- Lastly, find out whether they offer emergency services. Your roofing problems might come when you do not expect, and it is important for the contractor to deal with such situations as soon as possible.
A few important things have been mentioned about roofing repairs, and you must have an idea on how to go about such problems. The typical types of damages have been presented and do not be surprised when you start seeing certain things on your roof. All in all, ensure that you plan for your roof repair project well and find a reliable professional who will work on it diligently.
Give us a call on 01 – 5176228 for a Free Quote & Consultation Today
Dublin 2 Roofing encompasses most of the city centre south of the River Liffey and takes in areas around Merrion Square, Temple Bar Grafton Street, Dame Street, Leeson Street and Wexford Street. It includes notable important buildings and tourist attractions such as Leinster House, St Stephens Green, the main National Museum building and The National Gallery The district also houses Government Buildings and is considered to be Government quarter of the state. The borders of Dublin 2 are the Liffey in the north, the Grand Canal to the south and east and Aungier, Wexford and Camden Streets to the west.
|Roof and Roofing Repairs Dublin 2|
|gutter repair dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|gutters dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repair dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repair south dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 10||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 12||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 14||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 16||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 18||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 2||Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 22||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 24||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 4||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 6||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs dublin 8||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roof repairs portobello||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofers donnybrook||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofers dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofers portobello||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofers rathgar||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofers rathmines||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofers south circular road||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofers south dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing ballyfermot||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing crumlin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing inchicore||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing portobello||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing ranalagh||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing rathfarnham||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing repairs terenure||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|
|roofing south dublin||Dublin, Dublin City, Ireland|